Synagogue Technology Microgrants
Applications for Synagogue Technology Microgrants will be open from June 21 – July 1, 2021. Once applications open, more information and the link to the application page will be shared here.
Synagogue Technology Microgrants seek to build technology capacity and offer support for Chicagoland congregations where they interface directly with their congregants or constituents. This includes equipment purchase or rentals, services, or systems up to $2,000 towards:
- live-streaming or recording;
- personnel to assist with operating technology during services or holidays;
- a consulting assessment of technological capacity and systems integration, or
- other congregant-facing technology needs.
Reimbursements of past equipment purchases or rentals, services or systems are eligible for a microgrant, as long as they meet the above criteria and were purchased after April 1, 2021.
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help organizations meet immediate, unique needs brought on by the pandemic, we are now accepting applications for one-on-one consulting support. Through this matching program, TAC connects organizations with vetted service providers to work through specific operational challenges brought on or accelerated by the pandemic. Organizations will be awarded a certain number of hours to partner with their consultants and accomplish the goals they set with them (typically approximately 10-20 hours). Please note that this engagement is intended to be limited in scope to help address a specific need and/or to provide additional short-term expertise. Organizations can apply for one-on-one consulting support in up to three of the following areas:
- Financial Planning and Modeling
- Scenario Planning
- Capacity-Building Assistance
- Senior Staff/Board Coaching
- Legal Consultation
- Technology and Communications Consultation
- Fundraising Support
For specific examples of consulting support, please see the application, which can be found below.
Eligibility Criteria for Consulting Support
To apply for and receive one-on-one consulting support, organizations must meet the below criteria. Priority will be given to organizations who have participated in other TAC offerings (i.e., community/cohort learning opportunities).
- Serve the Jewish community in the Chicagoland area and possess a current 501(c)(3) status. Organizations who are fiscally sponsored are also eligible but must provide appropriate documentation.
- Request assistance for challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Request assistance that is limited in scope and does not support an ongoing need (e.g., long-term strategic planning or staff position) or capital expenditure.
- Have the capacity to work with a consultant and dedicate time and resources to the engagements.
- Approach the consultant with openness and have institutional readiness to execute the consultant’s advice in a timely fashion.
- Have board and senior staff support of the engagement.
Application Process for Consulting Support
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Unfortunately, due to limited resources, we are not able to support every organization that applies.
To apply, please send completed applications to email@example.com. Once we receive your application, we will confirm receipt and notify you of next steps. We may schedule an intake conversation to ask clarifying questions and further understand your needs. You can expect to receive a status update on your application approximately two weeks after you have submitted it.
If you have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.